- What you’ll be doing… You’ll be working mostly on data analysis with Hadoop/Big Data. You’ll be collecting data from different sources and then transforming it into a form for easy analysis.
- You will need to understand the business side/logic in order to do so, so you’ll need to do some studying too. You’ll be part of a dynamic team and may work on assignments with a set requirement or ones where we build it as we go along.
- What we’re looking for… You are good with numbers and you love to dig into data to find the story. You’re able to translate numbers into compelling stories, and can tailor your presentation and recommendations to the audience's function and level to meet their needs. You are detail-oriented and know how to focus on what really matters. You are flexible and willing to learn technologies and different stacks as needed by the project.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant courses or three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms, and creating/running simulations.
- Experience with data development (ex. SQL, Hadoop, Python, Shell Scripting, data processing, transfers, and automation).
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in Information Systems, Analytics/Business Intelligence, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or in a related field; MBA a plus..
- Experience working on reports and dashboards a plus (ex. Tableau, Kibana, Splunk, Looker, Google Data Studio, MS Excel, etc.) a plus
- Knowledge with all (a plus) or some of the following: Hadoop/Big Data, Python, GIT, Jenkins, Linux, Docker, Shell Scripting, AWS, Agile, Object-oriented design and programming, Testing, and Data Validation
- Has a passion for learning and is adaptable to changes with assignments and/or multiple tasks.
- Telecommunications infrastructure knowledge is a plus.
- Good with doing presentations and have experience doing support work.
- Statistical analysis language experience a plus.
- Data preparation tool experience.